Itinerary, Turkey sans Cappadocia
Our culinary and cultural tours of Turkey are looking more real, day by day; the dates are not yet set but we’re pleased and excited to be able to post our planned itineraries.
Yes, itineraries: plural. We are offering two extraordinary trips, the only difference being that one takes an extraordinary two-day side trip to historic and beautiful Cappadocia. If you are unable to make the side trip, for whatever reason well, you will surely want to come back someday, anyway.
Below is the summary of the trip, for the sake of convenience. The link for each day will tell you what’s in store for you, in more detail. And if you can’t live without Cappadocia (we can’t) … here is the itinerary that includes it.
Sans Cappadocia? You’ll have nine exquisite days instead of 11, as follows …
Epicurean Travel itinerary: The food, culture and history of Turkey (nine days)
Day 1: Arrive in Istanbul
Day 2: Travel from Istanbul to Izmir (Ephesus)
Day 3: Priene, Miletos and Didyma: ancient wonders
Day 4: Shopping for and Preparing Turkish Food
Day 5: Food, wine, Sirince village and the Adriatic Sea
Day 6: Istanbul – the New City – The Spice Bazaar and the Golden Horn
Day 7: Istanbul – the Old City – Travel back to the Byzantine & Ottoman Empires
Day 8: Cruising the Bosphorus
Day 9: Early transfer to airport and fly home.
The cost of this wonderful holiday includes:
- All airport transfers
- 3 full-day private tours of Istanbul
- Tickets for the Bosphorus cruise
- 4 Nights at Uyan Hotel Istanbul
- 4 Nights Ephesus Boutique Hotel
- All intra-country flights
- 2 full day private tours of Ephesus and surroundings
- 8 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Cooking classes and lectures
- All local taxes
- All transfers and transportation in Turkey by private deluxe air- conditioned non-smoking tour vans
- All entrance fees to the sites and to the museums mentioned in the program
- Fluent English speaking tour guides
What isn’t included:
- International airfare
- Lunch the first day, 3 dinners in Istanbul
- All drinks and beverages
- From March 16 to Nov. 15 — $4,200 per person (double room); $400 single supplement.
- From Nov. 16 to March 15 — $3,200 per person (double room); $300 single supplement.